Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Root Beer Floats

Root Beer Floats

The root beer must be very cold when you make these floats, or the ice cream will melt too quickly. My mother always made these in those clear glass beer steins (which we used to drink ice water instead of beer).
INGREDIENTS:

4 scoops super-premium ice cream
16 oz. Bottle root beer
PREPARATION:

Pour about 1/2 cup root beer into the bottom of each glass. Carefully add one scoop of ice cream to each glass, then fill the glass with more root beer. The glasses will probably overflow - that's part of the fun! Eat slowly, starting with the cold frozen foam on top, scooping ice cream and root beer together with your spoon, then drinking the creamy, caramel colored root beer at the end. Serves 4

*********************************
Well,why ?? It's a very easy make drink,and my son likes it.
remember the time we went to Vegas ,and we have order one Root Beer Float for my son.
And he likes it a lot.
no only that he likes to drink root beer too ( the one in the glass bottle )because he saw his dad is drinking BEER,so he likes to be BIG,just like dad .(and he is only 3 and 1/2 )OH my...
So ,I'm just so happy,before I got home,I went to store really quick just pick up root beer for him,and make it.
And when he saw I put ice cream,and root beer together ,he start to CRY,cry big,and told me stop to do that ,it's not nice.
the ice cream is going down,and he doesn't like it.
Oh My God.
Because that he start to cry,and I can only put ice cream in the waffle cone.....That's the only way to do it.
OK,he stop crying.
because he has his nice ice cream cone,and mommy is drinking root beer float....
and he keep looks at me. ( he really wants to try it after saw I drink so much ....hahaaaaa..kids )
So ,he try,and he likes it AGAIN.
KIDS kids KIDS........
***************************************
it's hot today,it should be like this,in Taiwan
in Chinese's calendar (Lunar calendar) after today,will be Hot summer time.
We have Dragon canoe today.
yap,sure it's a nice beautiful day ,sky is so blue.
it make s me want to go to beach .
Ocean has kinda power over me .I love to go just be around .
it's like home ? I'm not sure.

No comments: